Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Potty Proud









































As I mentioned before, my husband and I have a cottage on Lake Erie that we bought 3yrs ago, and have been renovating off and on, as we have the time and money. Most recently we renovated the downstairs bath, it is an en suite to our den/ computer room. The Yellow bathroom originally had no door, as it was wheelchair accessible for the prior occupants, we placed in a white accordion door. We refurbished an old oak vanity, painted it white and gave it new hardware. Chris, my husband, built a mirror using mirror tiles from Ikea. New flusher handle, towel rack, and tp holder. Chris built a self above the door, and removed the cupboard door, and made 3/4 length doors. I found lined basket (Walmart) to store towels and toilet paper. Shower curtain- Country Living, KMart. We painted the walls Savanna, from the Rona Paint Collection. I really like green in a bathroom, it's so fresh, and clean. It's a small space so we did our best with storage and limited the acessories, so it wouldn't look over done or cluttered. Someday we liked to remove the tub and replace it with a shower stall, we don't use the downstair shower, we store the kitty box in there for now and it keeps down the mess, 4 cats who don't clean up after themselves!

2 comments:

  1. Looks great. I love the tiled mirror, kudos to your husband. I keep telling my husband, "I'm going to marry a carpenter in my next life" LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so great! I just started following you and will definitely be checking back!

    xoxo Cat @ www.BudgetBlonde.com

    ReplyDelete